Monday, March 28, 2011

My Lolly Cake Story

What is New Zealand only lolly?

I have just been on Google search to find out information about lollies , and the link we found was lollie cake, I have just found out about what is the lolly that was made in New Zealand.

link: http://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/new-zealand-lolly-cake/

This is what information we were looking for. This picture nearly made feel like eating it.
This is the website I had got onto Google then I went to write What is NZ only lolly? Then I found
this information:

1/4 pound butter (4 oz / 100g)
Lolly Cake in New Zealand is a national institution. But first I need to inform you of one small thing if you ever want to make this yourself: It uses a specific biscuit (cookie) and only one sort, to give it it’s very distinctive taste. These biscuits are Griffins “Malt biscuits”. If you are not living in New Zealand or Australia and you want to make real Lolly Cake with the real Lolly Cake flavour then you’d have to order Griffins Malt Biscuits via the internet. The specialty of the Griffins Malt biscuits that the unique flavour cuts the sweetness of the lollies (sweets/candy). It gives a nice balance of flavours that is rather different from anything else you will have ever tasted. Yum! It’s not for nothing that this recipe is such a favourite and can be found as a regular item on every Birthday Party buffet table. NEW ZEALAND LOLLY CAKE 1/4 pound butter (4 oz / 100g)

*Update Jan 7th 2013 (in response to comment below)*
Thank you to KiwiDutch who owns the copyright to this photo and this information I found.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sela,
    My internet name is Kiwidutch and I am the real author of the above post that you appear to have passed off as your own work.

    I see that you are young and probably have not yet learned about copyright, but the legal fact is that just because something is posted on the internet, it doesn't mean that it's copyright is lost.
    You have on this page actually reposted my work word-for-word as your own *and* used my photograph, the original of which bears the copyright message "(photograph © Kiwidutch)".

    It's a compliment to want to share my work with others but when you do it without reference to the original author and no link back to the original source then in fact you in fact stealing my work and are breaking copyright law.

    I'm very disappointed to find that you also removed the copyright notice for my photograph, this appears to show that you attempted to disguise the fact that the image wasn't yours and this isn't honest.

    I have children of my own and understand completely that you may not be aware that what you are doing is actually against the law, so I hope that you will bring up this topic with your teachers so that they can teach you about internet etiquette and the correct way to give due credit to someone for their work.

    To correct this mistake you need to please either delete your post completely or (better) add to it that you found your information at the following link: http://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/new-zealand-lolly-cake/

    It would have been proper to have first left a comment on my blog post asking permission to use the photograph, permission I readily give to anyone who asks as long as they leaves the copyright information intact and provide a link back to the original source.

    I'm delighted you liked my work, but taking it without permission or credit is stealing and as you may guess, victims of theft get a little upset about this sometimes.

    I hope you will use this message to learn about better ways to use the internet, and to do so responsibly in the future.

    I am also posting this comment to the class blog so that your teachers may become aware that you need some more information about how to make blog posts correctly.

    Many Thanks and kind regards... Kiwidutch :)

    ReplyDelete